Us moms and dads know that feeling when you are on a good adventure and hear those 3 little words, "Mom/Dad, I'm HUNGRY!!!!" Yes those words are all to familiar to all parents. I swear they burn through those calories 10x faster then we do so I have learned to pack good snacks that will keep them fuller longer and are healthy for them.
Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. Affiliate links with Amazon listed on this post.
Have you ever gave your child a few animal crackers and nothing more and wondered why 10 minutes later they are saying they are hungry again or want more snacks? Yes parents it's time to start making snack time more filling when we are on an adventure. A full tummy makes everyone happy during a hike or whatever adventure it is that you're family is on. Like us Hispanics say, "Barriguita llena, corazón contento." (Full tummy, happy hearts.)
For fulfilling a good list of snacks we want to find items that are not just healthy but filling such as oatmeal, fruits, veggies, grains, cheese, etc. Here's a few of the things I take with me to my outings for my girls. I usually take several of these. So cheese, fruits, and some crackers or fruits, veggies, and some homemade trail mix. You can pick and choose. I always take a small sandwich as well for after the hike or for around lunch/dinner time.
1. Trail Mix
2. Fruits: Oranges, Mandarines, Grapes, Apples, Bananas
3. Veggies: Carrots, Celery, Baby Tomatoes.
4. Cheese: Cheese block cut in square bites or string cheese.
5. Granola Bars: I like to use Nature's Valley or Quaker Chewy Bars or you can make some delicious homemade ones (recipe soon to come).
6. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
7. Peanut Butter and Carrots or Celery (or both) you can also use fruits.
8. Animal Crackers, Pretzels, Crackers (good to use with the cheese bites)
11. Fruit Muffins (Strawberry, Blueberry, Banana, etc.)
12. Banana Bread
13. Applesauce - I like to buy the Mott's or GoGo pouches. Not the small aluminum foil lid container ones as they can easily break and spill in your bag.
14. Oatmeal Bites or Energy Bites (recipe soon to come).
15. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
16. Cheerios Snack Mix (recipe soon to come).
17. Baked Sweet Potato Chips (recipe soon to come).
18. Fruit Cups/ Cans
19. Turkey and Veggie Sandwich
20.Chicken and Veggie Sandwich
These are some of the snacks and sandwiches I take with me on our family outings. These are also good for roadtrips. If you know or use any other snacks not listed, feel free to comment below and I will add it to the list. This list is to better help us parents and little explorers to be more prepared for the great outdoors.
Pin to save.
About My Blog
Eco-Friendly travels around the US and the world with our family with hopes to inspire others to unplug and adventure the world.
Supporting brands that give back to our community and our planet Earth.
I'm a crafty explorer who loves the ocean, the great outdoors, animals, planet earth, and creating wearable art out of beach treasures. I love the beach, traveling, and exploring new places around me with my mermaid family. I hope you like my blog.